Our mission is to lead the overall planning, implementation and evaluation of critical care services for the Province of Ontario.
An accessible, integrated system of evidenced-based critical care services for Ontarians.
Scope and Role:
To achieve our mission, we collaborate with clinicians, hospital administrators, Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) and other health sector partners in front line stakeholder engagement, the development of evidence-based policy and the implementation of programs to promote system level accessibility. Our goals guide our work: Improving Access, Improving Quality, Enhancing System Integration and Increasing Value.
To work collaboratively with LHINs and healthcare providers to design and oversee a critical care system that meets the needs of critically ill patients across Ontario.
- System performance measurement and monitoring
- Strategic planning, visioning, and priority setting for the critical care system
- Oversight and stewardship
- Targeted program implementation and evaluation
- Stakeholder engagement and partnership development