CCSO is pleased to present the Ontario Critical Care Plan 2018 – 2021. This plan was developed following extensive consultation with over 700 stakeholders and leaders within the critical care system in Ontario. Through the input received from these consultations, the following five goals were identified as priorities for action:
1. Advance patient and family partnerships to help deliver care that matters most to those who receive it.
2. Lead care innovation and data-informed improvement.
3. Enhance systems of care to deliver seamless and timely care across the continuum.
4. Facilitate timely access to critical care and improved patient flow.
5. Promote people strength by focusing on skills and capacities for future-ready clinicians.
Over the coming years, these priorities will inform the work that Critical Care Services Ontario will lead, in collaboration with clinical and health system partners, to enhance an accessible, integrated, and high quality critical care system in Ontario.